Press F11 to limit top toolbar - Press again for toolbar to return
Tabitha Andrews nee Hunt
1. George Andrews bapt: 25 Dec 1832 in Martock, Somerset
2. Mary Ann Andrews bapt: 03 Apr 1836 in Odcombe, Somerset, England d: 30 Nov 1883 in Huirangi, Taranaki, New Zealand Burial: Buried Hurirangi Cemetery mar. benezer Griffin b: Abt. 1836 in Somerset, England m: 26 Aug 1855 in Barnabas, London, England Father: John Griffin Mother: Elizabeth Trask d: 24 Jun 1898 in Wanganui Hospital Burial: Wanganui cemetery
3. James Andrews bapt: 03 Apr 1836 in Odcombe, Somerset d: 18 Mar 1916 ........
4. Luke Andrews bapt: 17 Aug 1839 in Odcombe, Somerset; m: ?? in 1867 in St James, Westminster, London
5. Samson Andrews bapt: 08 Jan 1843 in Odcombe, Somerset d: 30 May 1845 in Odcombe, Somerset Burial: Odcombe Cemetery
Second family - father not named but thought to be William Robins
1. Job Sampson Andrews b: 25 Dec 1847 in Odcombe, Somerset
Job Sampson Andrews was christened on 25 Dec 1847 Odcombe, SOM, ENG; born to the widow Tabitha"Job Sampson Andrews immigrated and settled at Richards Harbour in and later moved to Francois By 1868 Job Sampson Andrews was a "shareman" with Levi Dolimount, Sarah's uncle in Francois, NFD, CAN. He was also known as Sansom Andrews. Job Sampson Andrews married Sarah Louise Dolimount on 7 Aug 1874 in Francois, NFD, CAN, (not proven that this marriage is the Job, son of Tabitha, but no obvious marriages, nor census data in England after 1860s, this could well be this Canadian marriage.
2. Emma Andrews b: Abt. 1849 in Odcombe, Somerset married to John ANDREWS, lived in London
(Sister Emma,, corresponded with her step brother Sampson in Newfoundland).
Widowed Tabitha remarried on 22 Mar 1858 at the Registry Office, Yeovil, SOM, ENG, WILLIAM ROBINS, born 1806, the son of WILLIAM ROBINS and MARY. They had a daughter Letitia ROBINS b: 1859
1841 - Tabitha Andrews appeared on the census of 7 Jun 1841 in Odcombe, SOM, ENG, with John Andrews, as ANDREWS: John 30 ag lab (later a coachman), Tabitha, 30 glover; George 9; Mary 5; Luke 1 yr (all b County) (son James is assumed to be the 6 yr old with his granddparents John & Rebecca at Martock)
1851 -Tabitha Andrews appeared on the census of 1851 in Odcombe, SOM, ENG, enumerated as ANDREWS (all b. Odcombe, SOM):Tabitha Widow 41 ; Mary 15; Luke 13; Sansom 4; Emma 4m; Lodgers: Mary COLE 16 Glover b Odcombe; John CORNISH 13 Labourer b Beaminster
1851 ODCOMBE CENSUS; ROBINS William 50 Carpenter Odcombe, Som.; Henry 19 Labourer Odcombe, Som.; Jane 17 Glover Odcombe, Som.; Harriet 14 Glover Odcombe, Som.; James 12 Labourer Odcombe. Som.; Thomas 9 Labourer Odcombe, Som.; Albert 7 Scholar Odcombe, Som.; Benjamin 5 Odcombe, Som.; Ellen 3 Odcombe, Som.
1861 - Tabitha Robins appeared on the census of 1861 as wife of William Robins at 11 Dunlaw Head, Odcombe, SOM, ENG, enumerated as ROBINS: William head, mar, 59 carpenter b Odcombe, SOM; wife Tabitha 49, b Thornford, DOR; Children (all b Odcombe): Thomas 19 carpenter; Albert 16 lab; Benjamin 14 lab; Letitia 5 scholar; Step children (both named as ANDREWS b Odcombe): Sanpsom 12 lab; Emma 9 glover.
Tabitha died 20 Feb 1865 in the Union Workhouse, Yeovil, SOM. ENG<>Ref. Research: Lorna Henderson